Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 22 February 2013

Barry M gelly nail effects

I love BarryM nail varnishes and, 99% of the time, when they have a new polish out, I'll want to try it! I've known about the Barry M gelly nail effects for a while now and only recently have got round to purchasing one. After my friend bought one and told me it was 'a bit thick and gloopy', I was slightly hesitant but I wandered into my local superdrug the other day and discovered that not only did they have new colours, they were also on a deal!! After browsing through all the many shades, I decided on Greenberry and tried it out the next day.

 
The colour of Greenberry is a greeny/bluey colour which is slightly turquoise. It comes in the normal-shaped BarryM packaging but unlike the standard colours, it has a shiny silver lid. As I said earlier, the gelly nail effects come in many colours and these are; plum, blackberry, watermelon, blood orange, blueberry, prickly pear, satsuma, grapefruit, pomegranate, lychee, dragon fruit, greenberry and papaya. The effect promises 'an extra glossy finish' and I really do think it does what it says on the bottle. If too much nail polish is applied to the brush, it does end up spreading all over your nail so I think 2 thin layers is enough. With this effect, I don't think a top coat is needed because it's so glossy but if you want to make it last longer, I'd use one. Overall, I think it's a really nice effect and comes in lots of lovely colours so is definitley worth the slightly higher price tag than the standard polishes. I think I will definitley purchase another colour in the future and look forward to seeing if it stays chip-free over the week!!
Lj x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment