Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 19 February 2013

How to... Newspaper nails!!

After seeing these newspaper effect nails all over youtube, I've been inspired to try them myself!! I got the method from the youtuber 'Dollybowbow' and I'm extremley pleased with the overall result!! Here's how I did them:
1) Firstly, I cleaned my nails of any excess polish using nail varnish remover and a cotton pad.
2) Once free from polish, I used 2 layers of BarryM strawberry ice cream nail varnish (or any pale/nude nail varnish) as a bottom coat.
3) After waiting for them to fully dry for 10-15 minutes, I cut out small squares of newspaper, big enough to fit over my nails.
4) I poured rubbing alcohol (or vodka) into a small shallow bowl and dipped one nail into it.
5) I then pressed one of the newspaper squares onto the rubbing-alcohol dipped nail and continued to press hard for 30-40 seconds.
6) Once I felt the writing had been fully transferred, I peeled the newspaper off and continued this for the rest of my nails.
7) Lastly, I painted my nails with a clear top coat to ensure it lasts longer.

I really love the effect the newspaper gives although one of the downsides is that it does start to fade very quickly, but I think this just adds to the look!!
 
Lj x



 

No comments:

Post a Comment